Drivers and transit riders in Tuscon, AZ who want to easily and quickly pay for on-street parking or purchase transit fares through their iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone, can now download the innovative new multi-purpose app, GoTucson.
Developed by industry-leading mobile payments company, Passport, in partnership with the City of Tuscon, GoTucson is the world’s first complete app that combines payment options for drivers and transit riders.
With GoTucson, drivers can:
• Instantly pay for metered parking from their car vs. walking to a payment box.
• Get optional automatic text alerts when there is 10 minutes left on the meter.
• Add additional funds to the meter from anywhere (e.g. grocery store, dentist,
• Get receipts mailed straight to their inbox.
• Add multiple vehicles to their profile.
Transit passengers who have GoTucson on their mobile device can instantly purchase and use Sun Tran, Sun Link Streetcar and Sun Shuttle fares. With GoTucson, transit riders can:
• Instantly pay for transit fare from their smartphone
• View bus routes and schedules to plan their trip
• Visual inspection of active ticket via the changing QR code on the app
• Get receipts mailed straight to their inbox
In addition, both drivers and transit passengers can log into GoTucson secure website at https://gotucsonapp.com anytime and access all of their information, including history. They can also add, remote and edit their pre-registered payment card (debit or credit), and check their zone cash balances.
“GoTucson is a simple, fast and convenient solution that improves the experience of traveling in Tuscon for both residents and visitors,” commented Emily Wilson of Passport. “It’s a truly unique multi-function app that brings advanced mobile technology, and applies it in a very practical way that enhances people’s daily lives. We commend the City of Tucson for their innovative vision, and anticipate that within a few years numerous cities will follow suit with multimodal applications.”
GoTucson is free to download for iPhone/iPad from the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/gotucson/id951267746, and for Android tablets and smartphones from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.passportparking.mobile.gotucson&hl= en.
GoTucson by Passport is the world’s first complete urban mobility app that combines payment options for drivers and transit riders. Tucson, AZ residents and visitors can download the app at no cost from the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (Android devices).
For all other information or media inquiries, contact Emily Wilson of Passport at 704 899 5136 or [email protected]View Interactive Press Pack