New Android application “Sketch Box” from Oleksandr Prokopchuk (ColaBox.NET) is aimed to help anybody who needs fast, flexible and easy application for technical and general sketching.
By combining the real-life experience of drawing on paper with the available technical benefits of mobile devices, the developer has created an app that is easy, fast and intuitive to use, just with one finger.
Sketch Box has a variety of uses: Users can create a construction site layout while in the field, visualize their ideas and post them for forum discussions, share locations and annotate with instructions showing how to get to the destination, introduce children to filling contour images with colors, or simply draw anything – all these and many other options are available in “Sketch Box”.
With a total app size of less than 5 Mb, Sketch Box combines a light weight footprint with a wide range of features to fulfill most needs.
1. Basic shapes (11 types).
2. Brush controls – size, color and line style.
3. Grid tool for precise technical sketching.
4. Dimensions tools (linear, angular, radius).
5. Scale tool (mention scale ratio for your sketch).
6. Flood filling Tool (tolerance adjusting).
7. Hatching tool (with just one touch, 4 patterns types).
9. Text Tool – can operate with size and color.
Users can create complex sketches and also insert other images from their device gallery onto the canvas; rotating, re-sizing or changing their opacity.
Google Maps Support:
1. Use a map as the background for a sketch.
2. Share location with sketch comments and marking.
3. Interactive Compass tool to bind a sketch with North direction.
4. Vector Tool to show azimuth directly on canvas with just one move.
5. Map Tools:
– Odometer to measure distances between objects on map.
– Area tool to measure areas simply outlining it on the canvas.
Sketches can be saved to a gallery or shared in a variety of ways. Saved images from a gallery can also be opened and reused at anytime.
In addition, Sketch Box allows new sketches to be created with a predefined size. Additionally, it is possible to setup a custom working space according to requirements with flexible tool panels. Each panel can also be moved around and pinned, allowing the most frequently used tools to be kept on the surface.
Application is free and available on Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.procop.sketchbox.sketch
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KfQOiHtZ8
About Oleksandr Prokopchuk
Oleksandr Prokopchuk, independent developer. Finder Colabox.Net – growing data collaboration service. Having been a field engineer in the past and possessing rich technical background, has helped to create the applicationView Interactive Press Pack